The Air Force Academy Fund's Most Loyal Donors
Named for the United States Air Force Academy's founding year, the 1954 Society celebrates loyal donors of the Academy community. The 1954 Society provides much-deserved recognition to those donors the USAFA Endowment can count on to contribute to the Air Force Academy Fund each and every year. Donors set a philanthropic example for fellow graduates, parents, and friends and play a vital role in ensuring that the Air Force Academy continues to grow.
These consecutive gifts, at any level, are the foundation of support for the cadet wing and the Academy's ongoing and emerging needs, program support for the graduate community, and support for the Endowment's operations and staff, which in turn enables all private gift support for the Academy.
The 1954 Society recognizes donors who have consecutively given to the Air Force Academy Fund as follows:
- Qualification for the 1954 Society requires participating in the last three, or more, consecutive calendar years of giving to the Air Force Academy Fund.
- Recognition is maintained as long as the donor makes at least one gift to the Air Force Academy Fund (outright gift or pledge payment) each calendar year.
- Couples are recognized for their combined donations.
- Recognition in the 1954 Society is exclusively for Air Force Academy Fund donors. Gifts designated to areas other than the Air Force Academy Fund are appreciated, but not considered when determining recognition in the 1954 Society.
- Once achieved, recognition in the 1954 Society will continue until a calendar year passes in which the donor does not make a gift to the Air Force Academy Fund.
- Former donors can rejoin the 1954 Society after resuming their support of the Air Force Academy Fund for three consecutive calendar years.
Donors are included in the 1954 Society upon reaching three consecutive calendar years of giving. In appreciation for their loyalty, they are acknowledged as follows:
- Donors receive a welcome letter and certificate to symbolize the partnership they have forged with the USAFA Endowment.
- Donors receive a lapel pin commemorating this milestone.
- Donors are recognized in the USAFA Endowment's online Annual Report.
- Various loyal donors are highlighted on the 1954 Society webpage.