Colorado License Plate Program
Show your pride while you drive! The Association of Graduates, in cooperation with the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles, is proud to offer U.S Air Force Academy license plates to graduates and friends of the Academy. The plates are available for passenger vehicles, light trucks, farm trucks and recreational vehicles. The plates are not available for handicapped vehicles or motorcycles.
To get an Air Force Academy license plate for a vehicle registered in Colorado:
- Print and complete the application
- Send your completed application to the Association of Graduates at:
Association of Graduates
3116 Academy Drive
USAF Academy, CO 80840
- An authorizing certificate will be mailed to you within three weeks of processing your application and check
- After you receive your authorizing certificate, bring
(a) your certificate
(b) proof of vehicle registration
(c) proof of vehicle insurance
(d) your current vehicle plates
To your county's motor vehicle office
- You will be asked to surrender your current plates and pay a one-time issuance fee of $50 to the motor vehicle office. Replacement plates will also carry a $50 charge.
Note: Effective July 1, 2007, the Motor Vehicle Office will no longer assess additional renewal fees other than the regular taxes and fees assessed by the County Clerk.
U.S Air Force Academy license plates application form
(Print, complete and return to the Association of Graduates)