The Nominating Committee seeks and recruits qualified candidates to serve on the board of directors and on all board committees. The committee is a standing committee and maintains an active pool of potential candidates and meets in conjunction with regularly scheduled board meetings.
Committee members include:
- Two directors, one of whom serves as chair
- Five non-directors selected from the AOG general membership
|Steve Beasley||'93||Director Chair|
Please contact the nominating committee if you have any questions.
Duties and responsibilities of the nominating committee and members of the nominating committee
The AOG nominating committee will:
- Assess the needs of the nominating committee and recommend to the board AOG members who
- are willing to become knowledgeable about the Academy and the AOG
- have extensive contacts and the ability to find prospective Board and committee members
- represent as diverse a cross-section of AOG constituency as possible
- are willing and able to fulfill the Requirements of Directors.
- Assess the needs of the board of directors and other committees of the board and
- identify characteristics, skills, experience and backgrounds currently displayed in the Board and gaps that exist
- identify diversity needs of the board
- seek a broad pool of candidates with the necessary characteristics, skills, experience, backgrounds and diversity
- Develop job descriptions and a recruitment plan
- Maintain and continuously add to the pool of prospective board and committee members
- Cultivate the interest of prospective board and committee members
- Inform and orient new board and committee members
- Follow instructions issued by the board chair for compiling an election slate
- Recommend to the board a slate of candidates who, in the judgment of the committee, are best qualified to give broad and diverse representation for the graduate community
- Recommend candidates for committee positions.
Nominating Committee members will:
- Stay abreast of AOG and Academy issues
- Be able to participate in other nominating committee meetings by telephone
- Screen and meet as appropriate with candidates
- Review nomination packets
- Conduct telephone interviews
- Conduct personal interviews
- Serve on the nominating committee for at least two election cycles (four years)