Class of 2011 - Key Data
- Appointed:1287 on Thursday, June 28, 2007
- Graduated:1021 on Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Graduation Speaker:
- The Honorable Michael B. Donley, Secretary of the Air Force
- Presented Commissions:
- The Honorable Michael B. Donley, Secretary of the Air Force; General Norton A. Schwartz (Class of 1973), Chief of Staff,
- Presented Diplomas:
- The Honorable Michael B. Donley, Secretary of the Air Force; General Norton A. Schwartz (Class of 1973), Chief of Staff, USAF
- Cadet Wing Commanders:
- Megan Hoskins (Summer) Michael Shaw (Fall) Joshua Larson (Spring)
- Gerhart Scholarship: Madeline Goff; Holaday Scholarship: Jennifer Bandi; Lawson Scholarship: Jessica Hellmann; Nutter Scholarship: Jason Gabrick; Wolfe Scholarship: Kellan Bethke
- All-Americans (sports):
- Holaday: Jennifer Bandi; RAND: McLaren, McKay R., Sweeney, Nolan J., Walters, Jennifer N.; Gerhart: Madeline Goff; Lawson: Jessica Hellmann; Nutter: Jason Gabrick; Wolfe: Kellan Bethke; Rice: Ainscough, Thomas G., Boben, Joseph J., Koenck, Trevor P., McIntyre, Spenser W., Stilwell, Nichole R.; MIT:Asmar, Dylan M.,Eslinger, Gregory J., Kessler, John M., Schmidt, Frank H. Jr., Smith, Kyle A.; East-West: Ku, Joshua T., Lee, Jeffrey S.; Draper: Parker, Daniel J., Rickert, Ryan S., Robinson, Eric J.; JFK: LaRivee, Jamie, Martin, Stephanie A., McCool, Christopher J., Yohe, Kyle D.
- Class Officers:
- Matt Alexander (Baseball); Matt DeMars (Boxing, 2 time); Michael Mizes, Dalton Hall (Boxing); Daniel Trapani (Fencing, 2 time); Nash Mills (Gymnastics, 4 time); Dan Klimkowski (Gymnastics); Justin Tyner (Indoor Track, 3 time); Tyler Stanley (Gymnastics); Jacques Lamoureux (Ice Hockey, 2 time); Justin Tyner (Outdoor Track); Chandler Thomas (Rifle, 5 time); Brittany Dutton (Gymnastics)
Class Motto: Infiniti Orbis Finientes
The elements of theClass of 2011's crest:
Eagle - The proud national symbol is shown with its wings outspread, reaching toward thesky. It symbolizes graduates' aim for the futurewith self confidence.
Flag - The 11 visible stars and 11 visible stripesserve to remind cadets about the cost of freedomand the Academy's legacy of sacrifice.
Cadet Chapel - The most prominent featureof the Academy's skyline, the chapel remindsgraduates of their personal values and theAcademy's beauty.
Polaris - The North Star lies near the eagle'sheart and acts to remind graduates that, whilethey may have to make tough decisions, selfconfidence and sound judgment will lead to successon and off the battlefield.
Saber - The Academy's saber connects theClass of 2011 with its predecessors.
Class Motto - "Infiniti Orbis Finientes," Latinfor "Endless Horizons." The motto indicatesthat the future holds infinite possibilities, andgraduates must seize the day as did their exemplar,Brig. Gen. Robin Olds. The banner on whichthe motto is written ties the graduates to theirlegacy class, the Class of 1971.
Class Year - The Roman numerals LIII indicatethat the Class of 2011 is the 53rd class to graduatefrom the Academy.
Planes - The three aircraft at the bottomof the crest are, left to right, an F-16 FightingFalcon, an F-22 Raptor and an F-15 Eagle. Addingthe numerical value of each aircraft equalsthe number of the graduating class -- 53rd(15+16+22=53). General Olds' initials are engravedwithin the wings of the center aircraft.